Who is Dr. Joy Bodzioch?
For me, the Big Question was, “Since God clearly wants to give us a life full of joy, where is the concise, step-by-step plan for achieving it? ” … After 40 years in my “personal desert” I finally found the treasure — God’s perfect plan for well-being! … I grew more and more excited as I grasped that this might be the answer that had eluded me …
Joy Bodzioch – DISCOVER JOY, Well being God’s Way, p. 10-11
Throughout her adult life, Dr. Joy Bodzioch has passionately sought to find – and share – the secrets for experiencing joy in all circumstances. This quest has led her to explore the timeless wisdom of the Bible, and also to find out what answers might be found in professional psychology. Joy received her doctorate in 1983, and began her career as a hospital-based pediatric and family psychologist. After discovering that similar skills were necessary to create a healthy environment at work and at home, she wrote her first book, a manual for managers entitled Catching the Wave of Workforce Diversity. This led to new opportunities: hosting her own radio series, presenting on an international teleconference, and being named Dallas Entrepreneur of the Year. She was an active member of the National Speakers Assn, and served on the Dallas Bar Assn’s Multicultural Dispute Resolution Team after becoming a trained mediator.
Joy relocated to Northern California in 1994. Seven years later, she and her husband Adam accepted an invitation to serve their church on the island of Oahu. While there, Joy managed a therapeutic foster care program and later directed the graduate program at Wayland Baptist Univ. In 2009 her second book, Discover Joy, was published, followed by a marriage book, Discover Joy in Your Marriage, co-written by Joy and Adam. Her newest book is entitled 10 Keys to a Rich & Satisfying Life: Timeless Wisdom for Total Well-being. She is also a licensed clinical psychologist with a private practice in Pleasanton CA.
Joy has showcased her ideas on radio and TV, and has presented to audiences in the U.S. and Mexico. Internationally, she has conducted webinars as well as a year-long emotional well-being e-coaching program. Throughout her life Joy has continued to help people blossom to experience total well-being – spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, and relational!
Joy is a feeling of happiness, which so often eludes so many. “Discover Joy: Well-being, God’s Way” is a guide to good mental health through spirituality and embracing God and Jesus, with the idea that the teachings of Christ are as psychological as they are words to live by. With tips on dealing with the common mental health issues people face, such as depression, “Discover Joy” does well in inspiring readers to look to the divine for a better life.
–Midwest Book Review
“I am reading Discover Joy, and all I can say is wow. Each chapter is like eating a full meal! I really like it and will recommend it at the book table.”
–Jeannine Spencer, Greater St. Louis Church of Christ
“This book is a must-read for anyone serious about having a spiritual plan of action for dealing with matters of the heart. I really enjoyed the questions at the end of each chapter since they helped me reflect on what I read and how it applies to my life. I can attest that Dr. Bodzioch’s personal life reflects the joy discussed in her book.”
–Kristine McMillan-Chau, Oahu Church of Christ, Hawaii
“I am reading Joy’s book and am so impressed and inspired by her professional and spiritual blend of wisdom …. As I read, I feel like I am receiving a lifetime of wisdom and my little spoon is trying to scoop it up. Each main point in each chapter deserves quality time to soak it up and appreciate all the truth and promises of God she shares. Her writing is so helpful because it is also down to earth and understandable ….”
–Marcia Lamb, Disciples today, Chicago, IL
- KKVI – Valder Beebe Show (Dallas TX) – July 10, 2009 (Taped)
- He’s Alive Radio (6 stations) – AM Cafe with Melissa Flores (Maryland, Pennsylvania, & West Virginia) – July 14, 2009 (Taped)
- KFUO – The Morning Show with Paul Clayton (St. Louis MO) – July 16, 2009 (Live)
- WGNN, WGNJ – Great News Radio – Mark & Carrie in the Morning (East-Central IL & West-Central IN) – July 21, 2009 (Taped)
- WAFG – Vocal Point with Lesley Hurst (Ft. Lauderdale FL) – July 28, 2009 (Taped)
- UNI News – Outlook with George Carden (Crystal MN) – July 30, 2009 (Taped)
- Faith Radio Network – KTIS, KDNI, KIFNW, KNWC, KNWS, & WNWC – Along the Way(Maryland, South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin) – August 3, 2009 (Live)
- WKTO – The Noon Show with Carol Henry (New Smyrna Beach FL) – August 4, 2009 (Live)
- WHME-TV – The Harvest Show with Stefan Radelich & Kelly Morgan (Internationally syndicated: 46 million viewers in North America; 78 million in Europe & Africa; 8 million in Argentina; 73 million in the Middle East; live worldwide real time internet) – August 26, 2009 (Live)