Thank you for your interest in my private practice!
I have over 3 decades experience, beginning my psychology career in Dallas, and operating a practice there for 17 years. In 1994 I moved to California and now treat a wide variety of clients in my Pleasanton practice. I am a certified Grief Recovery Specialist, and for the past four years have developed expertise in treating patients with chronic pain and cancer.
My Areas of Focus
Counseling, psychotherapy & life coaching
Marriage & parenting
Unique challenges of seniors
Treatment of depression & anxiety, chronic pain & cancer
- Individual psychotherapy with adults and seniors
- Evidence-based treatment of depression and anxiety
- Psychological assessment
- Marital therapy and parent consultation
- Resolution of grief and loss
- Women’s issues; empty nest/menopause, and other age-related concerns
- Prevention and treatment of stress-related disorders
- Spiritual counseling (fusing positive psychology and biblical teaching)
- Presentations and workshops
If you are interested in services that are not included above, please give me a call to find out whether these are available.
I offer a free 30-minute get-acquainted session by phone or in person.
Unique Aspects of My Practice
- I am actively involved in every session, collaborating with you to give you tools, and teach you new skills to achieve your goals. In many cases, you’ll also have “homework” to practice between sessions, ensuring you’ll make meaningful changes more quickly.
- I work on a reasonable sliding scale, allowing clients to indicate what they’re able to pay. Compared to other psychologists with extensive experience, you’ll find my fees very fair. If you have a PPO insurance plan, the insurance form I give you should enable you to file for reimbursement. Besides being in network for Medicare, I work with several EAP programs. If you are struggling financially, we may decide to meet every other week once we’ve completed the assessment phase (2-3 sessions) of the therapy.
- I make every effort to make our sessions convenient and accessible! My office is located in Pleasanton near the 680 freeway, and I schedule clients on weekdays as well as
- MOST importantly, I expect you to enjoy the time we spend together! Everything we do is designed to nurture, encourage, and support your overall growth toward well-being, helping you enjoy greater security, significance, and synergy in all areas of your life